Scotland's friendliest Lion, Ed the Monarch is positively bursting with excitement in anticipation of tonight's MASSIVE speedway match for the Edinburgh Monarchs and he has asked us to pass on this message to all Monarchs' fans and everyone else who wants to experience a thrilling night's entertainment for all the family.
My Dear Fellow Sports fans,
What were you planning on doing tonight? If it didn't involve coming to see me and the mighty Monarchs at the Speedway tonight then CHANGE THOSE PLANS! There is only ONE place to be tonight and that is at the Scotwaste Arena in Armadale.
As the Edinburgh Monarchs' Lion Mascot, one has a very busy day ahead in preparation for tonight's big event so one will keep this message brief. I have an offer to make to you. Come and experience a tension-packed "humdinger" of a speedway match tonight and here's what you can expect:
- An exciting night's entertainment for all the family with some of the most skilful, daredevil racers in Britain on a great racetrack set up for lots of passing.
- An electric atmosphere with high tension and a huge crowd - this is the biggest match in Scotland for years.
- Scotland's most successful sports team taking on the best English team in the league - Scotland V England - C'mon the Bravehearts!!
- The deciding leg of the Semi-Final of the British Knock-Out Cup - the tie is on a knife edge with Monarchs needing to make up an 8 point deficit from the first leg. This match could go to a last race decider!
- The best two riders in the league squaring up against each other in what will surely be another titanic battle - come and support the League's number 1 - our very own "Cookie Monster"!
- Your very own Lion Mascot (yours truly!) will be in attendance at the gate to greet everyone and hand out sweeties to all the kids.
- One will also need some help to inspire our chaps to victory so one will be leading the cheering from the centre green and coming around the stadium to get one's photo taken and offer a high five (or four in my case!) - please come and help make the atmosphere even more electric by joining the other fans to roar the Monarchs onto victory!
- There's food outlets if you want a snack and a bar for the adults if the tension gets too much and you need a stiff drink!
- If you didn't make it to the London Olympics, you can at least experience our Olympic toilets! They are spick and span as one has just finished cleaning them this morning! If you haven't been to the Scotwaste Arena before, or even for a while, you will surely be impressed by how neat and tidy the stadium is looking. My paws can vouch for the amount of work that has gone into it!
- Finally, you can (hopefully!!) expect a thrilling climax to an exciting evening with a Monarchs' victory (hopefully) and euphoric celebrations (one cannot guarantee the monarchs' victory but if we do win, one can guarantee the celebrations will be euphoric!).
How can you turn down such an offer?! Get yourself along and bring along your friends. Spread the word as well by sharing this on the interweb or if you have one of those clever telephones. I wouldn't want anyone sitting in the house bored on a Friday night when they could come and join us for a night of thrills and excitement at the Speedway!
Hopefully see you tonight!
Ed the Monarch